- Artwork printed by EPSON Stylus Pro 7880 (Epson Ultra Chrome K3 Vivid Magenta) on canvas.
- Limited edition prints of 100.
- Each limited edition artwork will be individually printed, signed, dated and numbered by the artist Vladimir Zunuzin.
- Art Prints packaged in a plastic tube.
- © zunuzin.com watermark is only used online and does not appear on your print.
- Will usually ship within 3-5 business days.
- Free worldwide shipping with tracking.
- We send prints to all countries via Registered Airmail, they usually arrive within 35 working days to destinations within Western Europe and about 45 working days to destinations outside Europe.
- Payments by Paypal or 2Checkout.
Buy art print St. Luke Drawing a Portrait of the Virgin Mary (Rogier van der Weyden Improvisation) in my store
History of the St. Luke Drawing a Portrait of the Virgin Mary by Rogier van der Weyden
Rogier van der Weyden
Rogier created another great work during his early period in Brussels, roughly between the middle of the 1430s and the beginning of the 1440s: the painting of St Luke Drawing a Portrait of the Virgin, known as the St Luke Madonna.
St Luke the Evangelist was also the first Christian painter, and had painted the Virgin Mary from life. As a consequence he was the patron saint of painters, and in many towns and cities was regarded as patron of their guilds. As a result, most of the major pictures of St Luke were destined for the altars of these communities; Rogier's painting was probably an altarpiece for the Brussels guild. Via