Vladimir Zunuzin (fr. Vladimir Zounouzin) was born in Moskow (Zukovsky). A participant of many of Russian, regional and international exhibitions. The painter's works are being kept by the Regional Arts museum in Ulyanovsk, and private collections in USA, France, Italy, Germany, Canada and other countries. Vladimir Zunuzin is a member of Russia Painters Union. The painter has more than 1000 works.
Artworks belonging to museums
- "Lost in time", 2003, oil on canvas, 50x70 cm, Ulyanovsk Regional art museum, inv. No. 2137
- "Sea", 1984, oil on canvas, 123x40 cm, Ulyanovsk Regional art museum, inv. No. 1400
- "Cry", 1984, oil on canvas, 125x100 cm, Ulyanovsk Regional art museum, inv. No. 1399
- "Mountain", 1984, oil on canvas, 123x40 cm, Ulyanovsk Regional art museum, inv. No. 1401
- "Peace day. 1945", 1986, oil on canvas, 96x132 cm, Ulyanovsk Regional art museum, inv. No. 1474
- "At stacks", 1987, oil on panel, 123x79 cm, Ulyanovsk Regional art museum, inv. No. 1715
- "At a wall. Self-portait", 1988, oil on panel, 129x131,5 cm, Ulyanovsk Regional art museum, inv. No. 1780
- "Meeting", 1998, digital graphics, 27,5x34 cm, Ulyanovsk Regional art museum
- "The Sergeant Zemskov", 1984, oil on panel, 108x100 cm, History-cultural centre of a name V.I. Lenin, inv. No. 348
Artworks sold on auctions
- Vladimir Zounouzin, "Le rêve", 145x145 cm, 1989. Sold: May 14, 1990 Auction Drouot (Paris, France)
- Vladimir Zounouzin, "Sortie de bain", 140x112cm, 1989. Sold: May 14, 1990 Auction Drouot (Paris, France)
- Vladimir Zounouzin, "L'hiver", 100x100 cm, 1989. Sold: May 14, 1990 Auction Drouot (Paris, France)
- 2012 — Second inter-regional academic art exhibition "Red Gate"(Moscow)
- 2003—2005 — Regional art exhibitions (Ulyanovsk)
- 2002 — Art exhibition in Modern art museum (Ulyanovsk)
- 2000 — Exhibition "The Artists of Ulyanovsk" (Ville de Sainte Geneieve des Bois, France)
- 1999 — Personal exhibition in Modern art museum (Ulyanovsk)
- 1999 — Regional art exhibition (Ulyanovsk)
- 1999 — Art-show on the web by GemArt "Virgo—99"
- 1998 — Regional exhibition "Large Volga—VIII" (Nizhni Novgorod)
- 1994—1998 — Regional art exhibitions (Ulyanovsk)
- 1993 — Art exhibition "The Artists of Ulyanovsk" (Moscow, Slavic centre)
- 1992—1993 — Regional art exhibitions (Ulyanovsk)
- 1991 — Regional exhibition "Large Volga—VII" (Kazan)
- 1989 — 91 Regional art exhibitions (Ulyanovsk)
- 1988 — Art exhibition "The Artists of Ulyanovsk" (Moscow, Exhibition hall "The Crimean shaft")
- 1988 — Art exhibition "The Artists of Ulyanovsk" (Yaroslavl)
- 1988 — Art exhibition "The Artists of Ulyanovsk" (Cheboksary)
- 1985—1988 — Regional art exhibitions (Ulyanovsk)
- 1988 — Republican exhibition "Light-blue roads of Russia" (Moscow)
- 1988 — Regional art exhibition (Ulyanovsk)
- 1988 — Regional art exhibition "Large Volga—VI" (Cheboksary)
- 1983 — Republican exhibition "On the native country" (Krasnoyarsk)
- 1982 — All-Union exhibition "Youth of the country" (Moscow, "Maneg")
- 1976—1982 — Regional art exhibitions (Ulyanovsk)
Master: painting the music what we see...
Vladimir Zunuzin... He is an author of historical and modern pictures. He is also a portraitist. With all the variety of subjects he first of all is interested in a human being, its existence, his realized aspiration to cognise himself as a necessary part of a huge world without which this world would be unperfect. His almost monochromous pictures sometimes remind old photographs or cinefilms. They are devoided of amusing details and excessive verbose and they give the sence of contiguity with the primordial ("Adam and Eve") or modern world ("Self-portrait", "In the country").
The different straightly opposite approach in exposition of the theme has appeared in his works performed in the technic of digital graphics. And though as an immanent theme it revealed, in the paintings, in the computer graphics it acquired its full completeness. It was the computer graphics he was occupied the recent years with. He became the discoverer of many new technical and decorative possibilities of this kind of creation. Due to them he acquired unexplored before freedom in embodiment of his ideas.
Graphic works of Zunuzin are logically subdivided into cycles. In one case he transfers on the sheet of paper the painting subjects put together as multi-layer and many-coloured mosaic panel but converted into another language - computer language. But most of ail the painter becomes keen on the possibility to create his own world from the elements - "atoms" every of which is perceived as an abstraction. Gathered together the elements like the deceptive pictures give the image of real or almost real world. His appeal to the great art heritage of the past is not occasional. He uses the fragments of pictures by masters of Renaissance, Baroque not as the applications but as the paradigm of the theme.
The painter is modeling the world of the new reality with the memory of the great past. For him it is the return to the sources, to the primogeniture of the art on the new spire of the history. This history is not even modern. It is as if future. In his works behind the seeming spontaneity there is the mathematic adjustment of constructions. In this new reality the painter can create the special space constructed from the signs-symbols. The temple, the interior, the streets of the medieval cities, the hills are surrounded, with virtual world. Sometimes this transfigured world seems to be the reminiscences. They may be concrete, deep in a definite epoch or they may be from area of the future cosmic sensation. The endlessness of the variants as well as the endless changeableness of the world, equally with the eternity of the true values of the past create the new alloy of the stable semantic and new reality constantly coming into being.
Helen Sergeeva, Art Historican, Head of Modern Art Museum (Ulyanovsk)