- Artwork printed by EPSON Stylus Pro 7880 (Epson Ultra Chrome K3 Vivid Magenta) on canvas.
- Limited edition prints of 100.
- Each limited edition artwork will be individually printed, signed, dated and numbered by the artist Vladimir Zunuzin.
- Art Prints packaged in a plastic tube.
- © zunuzin.com watermark is only used online and does not appear on your print.
- Will usually ship within 3-5 business days.
- Free worldwide shipping with tracking.
- We send prints to all countries via Registered Airmail, they usually arrive within 35 working days to destinations within Western Europe and about 45 working days to destinations outside Europe.
- Payments by Paypal or 2Checkout.
Buy art print Judith (Giorgione Improvisation) in my store
History of the Judith by Giorgio da Castelfranco
Giorgione (Giorgio da Castelfranco)
Giorgione's work largely determined the development of 16th-century Venetian painting. There are but a few generally accepted, non-controversial works from his hand and one of these is the Hermitage's Judith. This biblical heroine, who saved her native city of Bethulia from attack by the Assyrians, was extremely popular during the Renaissance.
Despite the historical subject, the painting is in fact what is known as a poesie, a type of work created by Giorgione himself and soon widespread in early 16th-century Venetian painting. The lyrical, charming image of Judith herself and the coolness of the morning landscape create the mood of poetical thoughtfulness, which is not disturbed even by the severed head of the enemy commander Holofernes. The world is depicted by the artist as a harmonic whole, in which life and death are indissoluble. Via